It is a very exciting time for the Lusitano breed. Brazil and Portugal recently announced the teams that will represent their respective countries in dressage at the World Equestrian Games. The Lusitano is well represented by both Brazil and Portugal, with both countries having top riders on exceptionally talented purebreds.
The Brazilian equestrian federation have announced that the team is one of all purebred Lusitanos. Also it is with three siblings; Luiza, Pedro and Manuel Tavares de Almeida.
- Luiza Tavares de Alemeida & Pastor
- Pedro Tavares de Almeida & Samba
- Manuel Tavares de Almeida & Viheste
- João Victor Marcari Oliva & Signo dos Pinhais
The Portuguese equestrian federation announced their team of talented horse and riders, with three riders on purebred Lusitanos.
- Maria Caetano & PSL Xiripiti
- Carlos Pinto & Soberano
- Filipe Canelas & Der Clou
- Manuel Borba Veiga & Ben Hur da Broa
Also in the driving Francois Vogel will represent France with his team of four grey Lusitanos! He also has two Lusitanos for the reserve. They certainly do make a lovely picture!
We are sending best wishes for a successful competition, and what an achievement it is to represent your country on the world stage. Keep up to date with results and links to live streaming with BHM!
The venue for the dressage competition will be the D’Ornano Stadium. The competition dates are;
- Team Grand Prix 25-26 August
- Individual Grand Prix Special 27 August
- Grand Prix Freestyle 29th August
The Driving will be at the La Prairie Racecourse. The competition dates are;
- Driven dressage 4-5 September
- Marathon 6 September
- Obstacle-cone Driving 7 September
For more information on the World Equestrian Games visit http://www.normandy2014.com/